Yes, I Do Fasting in Holy Month of Ramadan


Fasting is the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, both of food and drink, or specific items, for a period of time. But to do fasting in holy month of Ramadan which is a must to do for Moslems as Pillars of Islam (Rukun Islam)

An
 inquiry of a friend of mine (@PancaSyah), as what others ask to me when they first time know that I do fasting in Ramadan. He asked me that am I doing fasting for the sake of courtesy or doing it as spiritual activity?

So, here a little explanations from me by seven tweets, last night:


I'm doing fasting as spiritual activity. Fasting is a practice in several Christian denominations too, and for who believe in it.

So, to do fasting during Ramadan for me is not only for the sake of courtesy.

Since I was in high school, I like to do fasting in Ramadan. I usually start my fasting day with accompany my housemaid having sahur.

There are nine reasons to do fast.| http://www.christianity.com/Home/Christian%20Living%20Features/11654111/print/

The "acceptable fast" is discussed in the Bible.

In essence, a fast (doing fasting) means afflict the soul through abstaining from fulfilling the needs or wants of the flesh.

And I do believe, there is spiritual power in prayer and fasting that can't be obtained any other way.

Comments

Popular Posts